Atrium Staffing Sponsors 2012 WPEO Annual Awards Breakfast
NEW YORK, March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Women Presidents' Educational Organization (WPEO) recognized women business owners, corporations, and women's business advocates at the Annual Awards Breakfast on March 2nd at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. The event celebrates the fourteen years the WPEO has created access for Women's Business Enterprises (WBEs) to private-sector opportunities. In addition, the WPEO acknowledged a NY and DC Outstanding Corporation, a NY and DC Women's Outstanding Business Advocate, a NY and DC Star Award recipient, and a NY and DC WPEO Presidents' Award recipient. The WPEO provides full service third party certification to women entrepreneurs in the New York, Northern New Jersey, Southern Connecticut and the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas.
The WPEO awarded:
- Marriott International, Inc., as the Outstanding Corporation from the Washington, D.C. region;
- Pfizer Inc. as the Outstanding Corporation from the New York region;
- Etmara Smith, CSC, as the Outstanding Women's Business Advocate from the Washington, D.C. region;
- Ann Ortolano, Venture Insurance Brokerage, as the Outstanding Women's Business Advocate from the New York Region;
- Bev Gray, Exhibit Edge Inc., as the WPEO Star from the Washington D.C. region;
- Jacqueline Cleary, Atlas Data Systems, LLC, as the WPEO Star from the New York region;
- Ashley Bell, McCormick & Company, Inc., with the President's Award from the Washington, D.C. region;
- Karen Sclafani, Karen C. Sclafani LLC, with the President's Award from the New York region;
"It's an honor and a pleasure to recognize our Outstanding WBEs, Corporations and Advocates each year for their continued participation, support and commitment," said Marsha Firestone Ph.D., president and founder of the WPEO. "The success of these woman-owned businesses validates the mutually beneficial experience of working together to support the growth of WBEs. The Advocate and Presidents' awards are our way of thanking individuals who have worked exceptionally hard to help accelerate the growth of women's business enterprises."
The event is sponsored by Bank of America, Microsoft, and Sanofi (WPEO corporate sponsors) as well as ADCO Electrical Corporation, Atrium Staffing, HighRoad Press, and Progressive Promotions (WPEO/WBENC-certified Women Business Enterprises – WBEs).
SOURCE Women Presidents' Educational Organization