Accountant – New York City
|Practice Area:||Finance & Accounting||Compensation:||Up to $65k|
|Location:||New York||Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|City/Region:||New York||Status:||Full Time|
Our client is a world's leading trend forecaster. The company enables subscribers to make brilliant design decisions every day by identifying and analyzing the trends that will shape commercially successful products and services in the future. Their inspiration and insight are available through online subscriptions to a variety of state-of-the-art digital tools and through bespoke consultancy services. They are currently seeking an Accountant in NYC.
Accountant will be responsible for;
- Month end completed to timetable each month
- Balance sheet prepared and reconciled with supporting documentation
- General Ledger
- Preparation of accurate and timely monthly management information and supporting commentaries
- Accountant will assist Head Office with monthly KPI and Billings reports
- Assist the Business with any cost tracking/analysis requirements
- The role is ultimately responsible for the monthly Profit & Loss of the business; revenue recognition & calculation of monthly deferred revenue, tracking of cost within the business and managing accruals/prepayments, and monthly commission calculations. This includes preparation of all month-end work and pre month-end work.
- Analysis of costs and monthly reporting, ensuring the business has adequate cost information for the areas of the business they manage
- Assist the Associate Director of Finance (Finance Manager) to meet all Divisional Finance requests
- Work with Sales & Billings Analyst to answer any credit control & cash collection queries.
- Assist Office Manager with procurement coding, accounts payables queries and check runs
- 2- 5 years of experience in accounting
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance Required for Accountant role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills