JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 23, 2022
Our client is a mid-sized law firm with a strong presence in Downtown Pittsburgh. They are looking to add an Accountant to their team.
$40k – $70k Depending on experience
This Accountant position will play a pivotal role with the firm’s day-to-day accounting and business operations.
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Prepare journal entries- Perform monthly balance sheets and income statement reconciliations
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Assist calculating, analyzing, and recommending adjustment to financial reserves
- Perform daily cash reconciliations of all bank activity and resolve discrepancies
- Generate and distribute client pre bills and edit pre bills if necessary
- Complete and distribute invoices
- Provide client accruals, updates, etc.
Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Previous accounting experience. Experience working within a law firm is a plus
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Intermediate to advance Excel knowledge with experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working with large data sets is a plus
- Previous knowledge of various accounting and billing software
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Comfortable speaking to high valued clients and other internal staff
- Ability to maintain client and firm confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree within Accounting or a related field.