JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jan 10, 2023
Our client offers a remarkable community. They apply our deep knowledge of human genetics to empower a revolution in biomedicine and accelerate the pace at which the world conquers disease. Through their partnerships, they have become a worldwide hub for genomic medicine. They are seeking to add an Accountant to their team.
$25/hr – $30/hr + DOE
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accountant will provide general accounting and financial reporting support.. This position works in concert with all finance staff to oversee systems, controls, transactions, processes, and activities to ensure that they are in compliance with GAAP, federal sponsored research policies, and Institute policy.
Responsibilities of the Accountant:
- Support preparation and review of the institute’s Form 990 and 990-T, including unrelated business income tax returns for 20+ states, in accordance with current tax laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with staff across the institute to compile, analyze, and review detailed financial transactions for underlying tax schedules and leverage the ERP system to generate information accurately and efficiently.
- Assist with preparation of tax payments to regulatory agencies and keep detailed records for monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Review, research, and resolve tax letters from regulatory agencies related to annual tax filings.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining historical records.
- Conduct research for tax issues and summarize findings to management.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Assist with month-end/quarter-end closing procedures such as preparation of financial reports, roll forward schedules, and account reconciliations.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly financial statements and flux analysis.
- Review sponsored research agreements for proper revenue recognition terms under GAAP.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications of the Accountant:
- Minimum 3 years of public accounting and/or private industry experience, preferably in a not-for-profit research organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Works independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience with software packages is a plus (SAP).
- Minimum intermediate-level Microsoft Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of Form 990 and other not-for-profit federal and state tax filings.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with all levels of institute staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related fields is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.