JOB FUNCTION: Finance & Accounting
JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
$20/hr - $25/hr
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Mar 26, 2020
Our client, a fast-growing start-up tech company, is looking for a motivated Accounting Assistant to join their Accounting team in their New York City headquarters. The Accounting Assistant must be a focused and diligent worker who has a strong foundation of accounting knowledge. This organization offers great perks and has won many workplace awards, including Best Places to Work!
$20/hr – $25/hr
The Accounting Assistant will be assisting the accounting department, reporting directly to the Staff Accountant. The candidate will be detail orientated, a hard worker, and a person who wants to learn.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Assistant:
- Handle the daily AP & AR tasks
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Both month/quarter-end responsibilities
- Journal entries to the general ledger
Qualifications for the Accounting Assistant:
- 1+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables & v-look-ups)
- Positive attitude and eager to learn
- Preferred but not required – experience with an Accounting ERP system (Netsuite, SAP, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business preferred.