JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Paramus , NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jul 13, 2022
Our client is a well-known company looking to expand their accounting team by adding an Accounts Payable Clerk.
$22/hr – $26/hr
The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the financial processing of transactions for an organization. This role will require an individual to be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording of processing invoices at a high volume. The Accounts Payable Clerk will also have the duties in daily bookkeeping and record keeping, financial reporting, and the preparation of tax records for financial audit.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- Reviewing, coding, and processing vendor invoices for payment.
- Issuing payments via ACH and wire and checks within vendor payment terms.
- Retrieving documents from electronic mailboxes, moving these invoices, purchase orders, and other supporting documents as applicable into electronic document storage and attaching them to disbursement transactions for review, approval, and virtual reference filing.
- Informing vendors what invoices numbers were paid and what deductions were taken on ACH and wire payments.
- Responding to vendor inquiries regarding payments due, paid amounts, etc.
- Performing light filing in addition to other recurring A/P duties.
Qualifications of the Accounts Payable Clerk:
- At least 4 years of experience in accounts payable is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with processing a high number of invoices is a plus.
- Strong computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.