JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Newark, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 13, 2022
Our client is a tech company looking to expand their Accounting team by hiring an Accounts Payable Specialist in Newark, NJ!
$20/hr – $24/hr Depending on experience
The Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the financial processing of transactions for the organization. This role will require an individual to be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording of processing invoices at a high volume.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Reviewing, coding, and processing vendor invoices for payment.
- Issuing payments via ACH, wire, and checks within vendor payment terms.
- Retrieving documents from electronic mailboxes, moving these invoices, purchase orders, and other supporting documents as applicable into electronic document storage and attaching them to disbursement transactions for review, approval, and virtual reference filing.
- Informing vendors what invoices numbers were paid and what deductions were taken on ACH and wire payments.
- Responding to vendor inquiries regarding payments due, paid amounts, etc.
- Performing light filing in addition to other recurring A/P duties.
Qualifications of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- At least 3 years of experience in accounts payable is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with processing a high number of invoices is a plus.
- Strong computer skills utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite with a heavy emphasis on Excel.
- Knowledge of full-cycle AP.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.