JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 10, 2022
Our client is the most historic professional sports league in the United States and consists of 30 member clubs in the U.S. and Canada. They are looking to add an Accounts Payable Specialist to their team. Led by the Commissioner, they remain committed to making an impact in the communities of the U.S., Canada, and throughout the world, perpetuating the sport’s larger role in society and permeating every facet of business, marketing, community relations, and social responsibility endeavors. They currently feature record levels of competitive balance, continue to expand their global reach through programming and content to fans all over the world, and registered records in games and minutes watched this season.
$65k – $75k
The Accounts Payable Specialist prepares accurate entry of certain vendor invoices. They prepare accurate general ledger coding of invoices. The Accounts Payable Specialist handles processing of invoices that are outside of the standard pay cycle.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Accurate entry of certain vendor invoices on a timely basis to be paid via check, ACH, credit card, or wire
- Accurate general ledger coding of invoices
- Be the liaison with certain key departments to ensure their unique requirements in the procure to pay cycle are met
- Handle processing of invoices that are outside of the standard pay cycle
- Responsible for reconciling corporate card clearing accounts
- Responsible for reconciling accounts payable
- Responsible for reviewing certain key payments and ensuring that payment is not made without a fully executed contract
- Manage the overall payments process
- Manage recurring payments to ensure timely processing
Qualifications for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- 2 – 5 years of accounts payable experience is preferred
- Microsoft Excel experience is preferred
- Must have excellent time-management skills and be able to meet tight deadlines within a corporate setting
- Must be able to handle a large volume of invoices
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility