ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
JOB FUNCTION: Finance & Accounting
JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Piscataway , NJ
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Associate's Degree
POSTED: Mar 17, 2020
Our client, a manufacturing company in Piscataway, NJ, is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to add to their accounting team as soon as possible!
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for maintenance and processing of all related accounts payable transactions. This position will investigate and settle problems associated with processing of invoices.
Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Verify, retrieve approval, and entry of invoices through AP software.
- Reconcile vendor statements monthly and research discrepancies to ensure minimal outstanding items on the Accounts Payable log, and AP aging.
- Ensure that invoices are properly matched with correct receipts/approvals in the AP automation software.
- Assist with Audit and Auditor requests for information.
- Interface with Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, as well as Management to resolve issues that may prevent timely payment to vendors.
- Interface with vendors on a regular basis regarding payment issues.
- Process weekly payment runs.
- Closely monitor specific vendor accounts with special instructions.
- Maintain organized filing system for both payment history and current invoices.
- Enter and print manual checks as necessary.
- Void and reissue payment(s) when necessary.
- Assist the AP Supervisor with special projects and department metrics
Qualifications for the Accounts Payable Specialist:
- Knowledge/experience in A/P
- Experience with various accounting software a plus
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Attention to detail is required.
- Associates in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Eligible for Atrium Care Package