JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Oct 31, 2023
Our client, a thriving not-for-profit in NYC, is looking for an enthusiastic and organized Administrative Assistant to help support the company with day-to-day administrative tasks. The ideal candidate for this Administrative Assistant position has past administrative experience in the nonprofit sector and has a can-do attitude where no job is too small or too big.
$55k – $60k
The Administrative Assistant will be an important member of the team as they will provide Administrative support to the team and should have a strong work ethic. As an Administrative Assistant at this not-for-profit, you will be responsible for carrying out administrative and clerical duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, answering calls, restocking the fridge, helping with projects, scheduling meetings, and greeting guests. The Administrative Assistant should have excellent time-management skills and be able to work both independently and with a team. This Administrative Assistant will be successful if they are passionate about the company and self-motivated.
Responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant:
- Keep the front desk area organized
- Answer incoming calls, take messages, and direct them to the appropriate person
- Greet guests and visitors as they enter the office
- Responsible for managing incoming/outgoing mail
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings
- Schedule and organize meetings and office activities
- Maintain office supplies, cleanliness, and incoming/outgoing mail
- Other ad-hoc duties as needed
Qualifications for the Administrative Assistant:
- Past experience in nonprofit
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Experience as an Administrative Assistant or Receptionist
- Willingness to learn and be self-motivated
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility (including healthcare plans, discount programs, and paid time off)