JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jul 28, 2022
Our client is a full-service real estate property management firm, that provides quality services to property owners in the Greater Boston area that include the Massachusetts Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and private owners. They are currently seeking an Affordable Housing Property Manager to join their team.
The Affordable Housing Property Manager is a professional supervisory position responsible for planning, coordinating, and overseeing the management functions of an assigned development(s). This position requires the coordination of a wide variety of services to assure resident satisfaction and the ongoing viability of the development(s).
Responsibilities of the Affordable Housing Property Manager:
- Supervise and assure implementation of all maintenance functions relating to the property including vacant unit preparation, preventative maintenance program, timely and efficient work order program, physical inspections as per maintenance plan, and compliance with regulating agency requirements.
- Collect bids and proposals for the completion of physical work in developments including supervision of same and overseeing purchasing functions for the project.
- Supervise all aspects of monitoring agency compliance including proper recertification and interim recertification procedures and coordinate annual unit inspections.
- Supervise, review, evaluate, and counsel employees in conjunction with the directives of the Area Manager and/or Vice President of Management.
- Maintain high standards for resident relations and respond to residents’ needs; participate in resident association activities and meetings.
- Coordinate unit turnover procedures including applicant interviews and new resident orientation. Supervise the implementation of waiting list procedures, and assure that the marketing program is sufficient in order to minimize vacancy loss.
Qualifications of the Affordable Housing Property Manager:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in affordable housing property management.
- Must be skilled in recertifications.
- Section 8- HUD and tax credit experience are needed.
- High school diploma.
- Company-provided benefits.