JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Hawthorne, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 24, 2022
Our client has worked with us for years and provides a professional, innovative work setting. They are looking for an Associate QC Chemist for a contract to hire opportunity.
$25 – $30/hr Dependent on experience
The perfect Associate QC Chemist candidate will be responsible for Quality Control Chemical and Microbiological testing of Product and Raw Materials/packaging components as well operation/maintenance of analytical instrumentation in accordance with cGMP/FDA regulations. The Associate QC Chemist must have experience working in the Pharmaceutical industry in a hands on role in Quality Control (QC) or research. An ideal candidate should have a friendly demeanor, professional work ethic and be able to work in a fast paced environment.
Responsibilities of the Associate QC Chemist:
- Responsible for Product testing and Environmental Monitoring QC testing and reporting and analyzing of the results
- Prepping, running and analyzing samples and ensuring the regular QC testing is conducted appropriately using HPLC, TLC, UV, IR etc.
- Escalate in case of non-conformances and deviations, and manage these quality incidents as per AAA procedures
- Following safety standards and regulations (GMP, GLP, OSHA, and Product specifications)
- Responsible for the oversight on Manufacturing for QC sampling activities
- Manufacturing/Testing compliance/adherent to all GDP/GMP principles
- Keeping a very detailed and industry regulated lab notebook and inputting data
- Assist in completing and submitting lab documentation including deviation investigations, CAPAs, OOS/OOT investigations, change controls and Implementation
- Responsible for successful on time completion of required training curriculum comprising of the necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Aseptic Techniques, Gowning Qualifications, Testing and specifications and other relevant training including HSE for the specific role
- Prepares applicable documents, forms and records such as analytical batch records and follows Good Documentation Practices
Qualifications for the Associate QC Chemist:
- 2 to 5 years+ of Pharmaceutical experience in a highly regulated environment working with Quality Control testing of drug product by HPLC, TLC, UV, IR, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule is a must and willingness to work 4 day (10 hours/day)
- A positive energy and enthusiasm for lab work
- An eye for detail and passion for science
- Ability to supervise others and communicate clearly
- Ability to lift samples and stock lab materials
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or related is required
- Associate’s or Technical degree with additional work experience are acceptable
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k match
- Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability
- PTO Reimbursement and more!