JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Piscataway, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 16, 2022
Our client is a global biopharmaceutical company that is a leader in gene synthesis technology. They are looking to add a Biologist to their team.
Depending on relevant and recent industry experience
Our client is seeking a Biologist to join the company in its Biologics division in Piscataway, NJ. This is a unique opportunity for an individual to join a collaborative team in the company’s biologics development and manufacturing.
Responsibilities of the Biologist:
- Support urgent production projects as needed.
- Perform daily tasks such as mammalian cell culture, solution and reagent prep, absorbance assays, cell based assays, immunoassays, DNA/RNA extraction and sequencing, Next-Gen Sequencing, genome sequencing, Sanger Sequencing, plasmid mini preps, qPCR, RT-PCR, and ELISA.
- Follow company procedures, policies, and health and safety regulations.
- Clean and maintain equipment and work area.
- Undertake basic administrative tasks.
- Operate laboratory equipment.
Qualifications of the Biologist:
- Must be comfortable working within an R&D laboratory setting and knowledgeable about the requirements of operating & maintaining an R&D laboratory.
- Self-starter who can be effective with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the company.
- Writing skills consistent with the ability to prepare concise, timely, and accurate reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters degree in Biology, Biological Science, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, or related sciences with at least 1 year of relevant experience, academic or industry.
- Those with additional years of experience can be considered for more senior roles.
- Medical/dental/vision insurance.