JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 21, 2022
Our client is a publicly traded developer, owner, and manager of Class-A office properties in the United States. They are seeking to hire a Commercial Property Manager to join their team.
$115k plus bonus
The Commercial Property Manager oversees the property to enhance long-term value. They manage and provide day-to-day direction and supervision related to general operations and maintenance, life safety and security, loss prevention, tenant relations, landscaping, tenant construction, and parking facilities.
Responsibilities of the Commercial Property Manager:
- Develop the annual operating and budgets and implement the business plan, ensuring net operating income goals are met, at the property level including formulating and submitting quarterly accruals, budget reforecasts, providing explanations for variances, and any required financial reporting.
- Manage and oversee CapEx projects in assigned properties as required.
- Solicit, negotiate, and administer service contracts as required.
- Review and authorize purchase orders and payments to vendors in accordance with company policy.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with tenants, vendors, and the local business community.
- Actively participate in the collections process by regularly communicating with tenants and appropriate regional staff, providing support as required.
- Maintain frequent contact with tenants focusing on improving service delivery and client satisfaction.
- Review tenant alteration plans prior to commencement of work and confirm all required documentation is obtained.
- Provide additional services to tenants and enhance work order revenue.
- Regularly inspect tenant spaces, mechanical areas, grounds, and common areas of the property.
- Provide leadership and direction, develop strategic goals, and assign work and training to the Property Management team.
- Maintain familiarity with all sections of leases related to operating provisions, services/additional services, expenses, tenants’ use and landlords’ obligations.
- Engage contractors with sufficient technical expertise to service the property in accordance with lease requirements and company standards.
- Meet regularly with janitorial, maintenance, and security contractors to review the quality of work and adherence to contract specifications.
Qualifications of the Commercial Property Manager:
- A minimum of 5 years of property management experience is required within Class-A commercial office property management experience and familiarity with operating a multi-tenant office building.
- Certification as a Real Property Administrator (RPA) and/or Certified Property Manager (CPM) is preferred.
- Continuing education toward LEED certification is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of local building and fire codes.
- Working knowledge of all building systems including but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and vertical transportation.
- Working knowledge of security and life safety protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in Business Administration or Real Estate is preferred.
- Company provided benefits.
- Sick days.
- Paid holidays.