JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Iselin, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jul 19, 2022
Our client is a multi-national designer in the fashion & apparel Industry. Established nearly 60 years ago, our client is the leading innovator in the luxury space. They are currently seeking a Director of Logistics to join their team.
$130k – $150k DOE with a 10% bonus
The Director of Logistics is responsible for managing the end-to-end operations within the global supply chain and for designing processes and ensuring the full accomplishment of the business needs. The ideal candidate must be a proactive solution seeker and have a strong background in logistics operations and analytics. The Director of Logistics will own the optimization of the inbound transportation services, identify opportunities for consolidation through a complex and fragmented space, and develop solutions for transportation between facilities.
Responsibilities of the Director of Logistics:
- Develop and deliver structural improvements and designs for the future while maximizing daily performance, future scalability, and growth opportunities for the business.
- Own the ocean/air import, domestic rail, and over-the-road trucking activities, including service provider selection.
- Analyze rates, route, and tender shipments via approved transportation providers to optimize freight costs while maintaining excellent service levels.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Experience, and other departments within the company to drive customer order fulfillment to meet customer expectations.
- Optimize FTE by cross-training staff and allocating resources according to business needs.
- Manage the distribution expense to budget and continuous improvement to reduce the actual rate of distribution expense to gross revenue.
- Manage all aspects of the DC’s financial, operational, people and processes, and service-related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce overall cost-to-serv.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors, partners, and carriers, and review contracts, and negotiate terms.
- Create and conduct high-profile presentations and effectively represent distribution logistics to key leaders.
Qualifications of the Director of Logistics:
- 8+ years of progressive management-level operational experience.
- Strong knowledge of SAP, EDI, Excel, shipping optimization, vendor compliance and routing guide standards, Import/Export, Customs FDA regulatory compliance, and overall distribution and supply chain trends.
- Strong ability to develop and deploy quantitative analysis for business improvement and track record of KPI-driven and data-driven leadership.
- Comprehensive business process and systems knowledge and the ability to identify and implement best practices.
- A strong track record of talent recognition and development and finding and building future leaders for the organization.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a relevant field.
- 401k with match.