JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Bedminster, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 23, 2022
Our client has earned a reputation for delivering world-class goods to customers around the globe. They are looking for a Director of Supply Chain to join their team and explore how a genuine passion for great products and the latest innovations, along with investments in the best people and facilities, continue to honor their founder’s legacy.
$140k – $160k
The Director of Supply Chain is responsible for ensuring the Planning, Warehouse, Importation, Customer Service, and Logistics teams are meeting the needs of the clients. This position will ensure local operations are fully aligned with the company’s global standards, while managing and mentoring their team. This includes forecasting, capacity planning, logistics and transportation strategy for retail and ecommerce, execution oversight, and monitoring and reporting of results to management.
Responsibilities of the Director of Supply Chain:
- Oversee planning, logistics, order management, and quality functions for the organization.
- Lead the strategy to ensure accurate forecasting, on-time supply, and define KPIs to track performance.
- Drive improvement of distribution strategy including warehouse and 3PL operations.
- Work with stakeholders to develop ecommerce fulfillment capabilities and improve on existing B2B and B2C capabilities.
- Manage supply and demand synchronization through oversight of available inventory and service level KPI’s.
- Assure preparation and delivery of orders in a timely manner, and escalate potential out of stock or incorrect order issues in time to create and implement action plans to address those issues.
- Guarantee customers and internal data systems are updated on delivery milestones.
- Maintain product inventory levels and communicate any deviations to factory while monitoring the production compliance with existing plans.
- Confirm the handling, storage, and shipment of items meets company safety and quality standards.
- Conduct periodic meetings as needed with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, Sales, Marketing and any other key stakeholders to review performance and communicate upcoming needs.
- Participate and contribute to customer service reviews.
- Suggest and manage production schedules to meet customer requirements and 3PL inventory needs.
- Track weekly and monthly customer service fulfillment performance (KPI), report reasons for inventory availability outages, and recommended corrective actions to improve service performance.
- Be the subject matter expert in both Demand-to-Deliver and Order-to-Cash business processes and corresponding system integration.
- Diagnose and solve integration problems related to EDI order management and import/export of orders into ERP through 3rd party middleware platform.
- Manage the entire supply chain budget for both COGS and T&E related costs.
Qualifications of the Director of Supply Chain:
- 7 – 10 years of supply chain management experience Expert in Excel and solid Microsoft Office skills.
- Strong experience in production and stock management.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to successfully interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment Superb work ethics and must successfully lead a team by example.
- Ability to be decisive while adaptable to change.
- Experience with international production, shipping and importation regulations.
- Project management, team facilitation, data analysis, change management, and process improvement experience.
- Hands-on factory/manufacturing experience or understanding is desired eCommerce (Amazon/DTC) knowledge/ experience is highly preferred.
- 5 years ERP (SAP or similar) experience is required.
- 3 – 5 years EDI integration management experience required.
- CRM experience is desired.
- Experience in managing order processing from Purchase Order capture to Sales Order Creation/Fulfillment and Customer Invoicing.
- Planning experience is required which should include, but is not limited to, Demand Planning, Production Planning, Replenishment or Supply Network Planning and Integrated Business Planning or Sales and Operations Planning.
- Experience managing 3PL partner relationship, costs, and operational functionality.
- Experience with setting up and managing 3rd party manufacturing relationships/business agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- 20% target bonus
- 3 weeks PTO (1st yr)
- 90% company paid insurance premium
- 401k match to 3%
- 2% profit sharing target