JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 23, 2022
Our client is a renowned science and research institute in Cambridge. They are looking to add an Employee Relations Consultant to their team.
$35/hr – $45/hr Based on experience
The Employee Relations Consultant has direct impact on the organization through ensuring a safe, fulfilling, and supportive workplace for all employees. The Employee Relations Consultant position would be a temporary role, expected to last 12 months, with the possibility of extension. The Employee Relations Consultant would be hybrid flex, with the ability to come on site as needed to meet with the team and management.
Responsibilities of the Employee Relations Consultant:
- Identifies and mitigates risk by proposing strategies for effective resolution of employment matters.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- In collaboration with HR leadership, recommends and assists with writing and communicating HR policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance and direction to managers concerning employee performance issues, corrective actions, and terminations in alignment with the organizations policies.
- Leads investigations of harassment, discrimination, workplace violence, and other issues to reach an effective resolution.
- Leads proactive employee relations initiatives with the goal of cultivating high quality working environments for our employees.
- Partners with legal counsel during any employment-related agency charge or legal matter.
Qualifications of the Employee Relations Consultant:
- At least 3 years of HR experience, specifically in employee relations.
- Experience with HRIS Systems, preferably Workday.
- HR professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.