JOB FUNCTION: Customer Experience
JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: New York, NY
$27/hr - $30/hr
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Oct 13, 2021
Our client is a non profit company located in NYC and looking for an Events Assistant for the HR team. The team is looking for someone with Events Assistant experiences as they will be working closely with the HR Executive Assistant on strategies and objectives.
The Events Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day operations, administrative duties, venue research, venue booking, competitor events reports, invoicing, budget tracking and events travel coordination. The Events Assistant will also assist with additional HR administrative duties as needed. This person will also source and act as a point of contact with venues, vendors, and event entertainment. The role will assist with the event planning and execution of exceptional HR Employee.
Responsibilities of the Events Assistant:
- Assist in project managing Events Calendar and budget tracker
- Secure vendors & help coordinate catering, champagne, flowers, etc.
- Ensure the venues are set up on the day of the events
- Be part of the hosting team welcoming participants to the various events
- Create/Manage shipments of materials and collateral
- Assist with managing Travel/Lodging Logistics
- Assist in managing vendor relationships
- Assist in event setup/breakdown
- Onsite contact to receive deliveries and pickups
- Flexible availability to assist with setups/breakdowns before and after office hours
- Provide support for day-to-day administrative duties
- Be the first point of contact for all queries from the attendees in relation to the event
- Ensure all invoices are handled and paid in a timely manner
- Research local and relevant charities, groups, venues, vendors
Qualifications for the Events Assistant:
- Must have at least 2 years of high end events experience
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Outstanding vendor management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or public relations is preferred
- Atrium Care package available, upon eligibility
As a woman owned firm, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.