JOB FUNCTION: Administrative Support
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
$50k - $60k
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Mar 7, 2018
Our client, a top fashion company, is seeking a creative, passionate and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to serve as the right hand to the Director of Merchandising. The company is at their peak right now and are expecting to grow a third of their business this year – this is such an exciting time to join the team and to start getting involved in their projects.
Salary: $50k-$60k + discretionary bonus
Position Overview: In this role you will serve as a right hand to the Executive, serving as their confidant and gatekeeper. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the fashion/retail industry, and have a love and passion for contemporary fashion. You will have the no job is too big or too small mentality, with an eagerness to learn and take on projects as needed. If you love being around beautiful merchandise all day and are interested in seeing how this side of the business works, this is a great opportunity to gain exposure with one of fashions top teams.
With experience as an Executive Assistant, Administrative Assistant or Personal Assistant, you are no stranger to managing calendars, booking travel and creating itineraries and serving as a master of expense reports – but that part is easy for you! The ideal Executive Assistant candidate will be valued for their willingness to help wherever and whenever needed, excellent writing skills and a creative eye for color. This is a full-time position located in Manhattan, New York.
- The Executive Assistant will manage the personal and professional calendar & assist with all tasks as needed (including internal and external meetings, dinner reservations, events, booking client appointments, running errands, lunches, organizing products and samples in the fashion library, etc.). This role is likely 50/50 from business support to personal support
- The Executive Assistant will coordinate international and domestic travel (including itineraries, hotel booking, car arrangements, etc.)
- The Executive Assistant will be the liaison between all departments, external clients, etc. (sitting in on meetings, answering emails directed, fielding phone calls)
- Needs someone who can really run the Executives schedule and hold down the office when she is on a last-minute trip to a client or overseas
- The Executive Assistant will have facetime with the major clients, which include the top executives at major retailers, celebrities and designers that the company is collaborating with; The Executive Assistant must be polished, poised and professional
- The ideal Executive Assistant can handle the high-volume and the ever-changing pace of the fashion industry
- Needs someone professional, well-spoken, and can represent the company on the Executive behalf
- Someone out of the fashion and retail industry is highly preferred; Especially contemporary fashion
- Must have experience as an Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant out of a similar fashion or retail company
- Bachelor’s Degree required