JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Remote
POSTED: Jan 9, 2023
Our client is a non-profit cutting edge biotech company seeking to hire an HR Employee Relations Consultant to join their team.
$40/hr – $60/hr
The HR Employee Relations Consultant will identify and mitigate risk by proposing strategies for effective resolution of employment matters among other duties. This is a 12-month contract with a chance of conversion. The role is remote but there will be in-office training so the ideal candidate must be local to the Boston area.
Responsibilities of the HR Employee Relations Consultant:
- Leads investigations of harassment, discrimination, workplace violence and other issues to reach an effective resolution.
- Provides guidance and direction to managers concerning employee performance issues, corrective actions, and terminations that align with company policy to ensure legal compliance and mitigate the risk of adverse action.
- Leads proactive employee relations initiatives with the goal of cultivating high-quality working environments for the employees.
- Communicates with all levels of the organization, including executive management.
- In collaboration with HR Leadership, recommends and assists with writing and communicating HR policies and procedures.
- Administers the process for receiving, evaluating, documenting, and responding to all reasonable accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Partners with legal counsel during any employment-related agency charge or legal matter.
Qualifications of the HR Employee Relations Consultant:
- 3+ years of HR experience specifically Employee Relations.
- HRIS system experience. Workday is preferred.
- HR Professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM- CP or SHRM – SCP) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.