JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jan 20, 2023
Our client is an established real estate firm that is successful in the development, management, and transformation throughout the US. They are looking to add a Human Resource Manager to their team.
$130k plus Bonus
The Human Resource Manager will provide hands-on management of overall HR compliance including compliance, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and employee engagement.
Responsibilities of the Human Resource Manager:
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state, federal and local laws including recruiting, employment, wage and hour, leave (medical and family), and benefit laws and regulations. Ensure the employee handbook is current with all applicable state and federal laws.
- Develop and execute strategies that effectively manage the employment process to attract, hire, retain, and compensate top talent.
- Manage the oversight of the recruitment process including the development of job descriptions, sourcing, coaching re: interview process and debriefing, offer letters, and onboarding.
- Manage offboarding for involuntary separations with care, discretion, and accuracy.
- Implement and manage compensation and benefits philosophy, strategy, and policy to ensure they are compliant and competitive. Monitor external compensation sources on an annual basis.
- Define and implement cost-effective benefits strategies enabling the organization to attract and retain top talent.
- Manage multiple vendor relationships including benefit brokers, insurance providers, and retirement plan.
- Manage annual engagement survey, compile, communicate results to senior management, and collaborate with senior management and employees to work towards change/improvements. Ensure DEI initiatives are reflected in all aspects of HR.
- Oversee and conduct investigations, reporting, and compliance relating to employee complaints and accidents.
- Develop and execute strategies that effectively manage employee performance including performance review systems, and performance improvement plans.
- Monitor mid-year and year-end review cycle, specifically year-end COLA increase, bonus, promotions (salary and title changes), and compensation statements.
- Ensure accuracy in HRIS/Payroll of salary increases, bonuses, and retro payments.
Qualifications for the Human Resource Manager:
- Minimum of 5+ years in an HR-related role working across multiple facets of Human Resources (including compliance, training, personnel).
- Knowledge of labor laws and key legislation affecting general employment.
- Benefits administration experience and leave of absences.
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and navigate and maintain productivity in a matrix environment.
- Ability to prioritize strong customer service of the business over individual productivity.
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources with a Business Management focus or similar is required.
- Company-provided benefits.