JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Melbourne, FL
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 14, 2022
Our client is one of the largest suppliers to the home building and construction industry. They have over 60 years of experience and are recognized as one of the top employers in Melbourne, FL. They are currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant to join their team.
$38k+ depending on experience.
The Human Resources Assistant will perform HR recordkeeping duties, provide administrative support to Human Resources and related departments, and participate in ad-hoc projects and requests.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Assistant:
- Processing all new hires, ensuring all required documentation received and pre-employment screening is completed prior to start date.
- Administering time & attendance policies and reviewing timecards for assigned employee population in preparation for weekly payroll processing.
- Processing all terminations according to company procedure, including updating HRIS, notifying applicable departments/parties, ensuring proper documentation, etc.
- Maintaining employment files, ensuring completeness and compliance with employment laws.
- Processing ADP change requests.
- Providing administrative support to Accounting, Finance, and IT departments.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Human Resources Assistant:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the HR function.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to effectively communicate with people in potentially stressful situations.
- Practical knowledge of I-9 form and related regulations.
- Ethical conduct, including ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and capacity to learn new software systems.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.