JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Pittsburgh, PA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 19, 2022
Our client is a growing nationwide law firm with a large presence in Downtown Pittsburgh. They are currently seeking a Human Resources Executive Assistant to join their team.
$40k – $60k Depending on experience
The Human Resources Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of integral office support and administrative functions reporting to the Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Executive Assistant:
- Handles details of a highly confidential and sensitive nature and maintains strict confidentiality of employee information
- Prepares and inputs data in HRIS for staff and new hires, terminations, personal data, salary, benefits, position, and status changes, etc.
- Responsible for audits and overall data integrity of HRIS system Inputs documents in electronic personnel files
- Responds to employment verification requests
- Processes pre-employment hiring including writing/editing job descriptions, posting open positions on job boards, scheduling interviews, background checks, references, etc.
- Processes completed form I-9 and E-Verify to determine employment eligibility
- Reviews new-hire data for accuracy and completeness
- Assists with various HR department projects as needed Inputs data for HR budget
- Maintains HR organizational charts and distribution lists
- Conducts orientation of new employees and coordinates with other functional departments to ensure a complete and seamless onboarding experience for new employees
- Collects and prepares information for use in discussions/meetings
- Prepares, maintains and monitors ongoing employee active & terminated files, assuring accuracy, compliance with all applicable laws and confidentiality
- Maintains and/or distributes various Human Resources-related materials including benefit information, summary plan descriptions, employee policy manuals, recruitment information, etc.
- Assists with phone screens with applicants for vacant positions
- Provides customer service functions by responding to employee requests and questions and investigate in conjunction with the HR Director to find solutions regarding general HR and benefit-related issues
- Performs clerical functions as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
Qualifications of the Human Resources Executive Assistant:
- 2+ years’ within Human Resources or in a Human Resources support role/field
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite. Paycom is a plus
- Knowledge/experience working with employees in a multi-state environment
- Be a “self starter” with positive energy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to build relationships
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High school diploma is required
- Associate’s degree or higher is preferred