JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Jersey City, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 14, 2022
Our client is a multi-billion-dollar supplier of food service, food ingredient and retail offerings that specializes in value-added eggs, refrigerated potatoes, and more recently, plant-based foods that help them meet the dietary and ideological needs of all consumers. They are currently seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join their team.
$25/hr – $30/hr
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for coordinating all administrative activities related to the organization’s personnel. Their duties include developing recruitment strategies, implementing systems for managing staff benefits, payroll, and behavior and onboarding new employees.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Generalist:
- Set the tone for the entire Human Resources department. From employee relations to payroll to compliance issues, the HR department helps ensure that an organization runs smoothly, and the Human Resources Generalist is at the helm.
- Manage the staffing process, including recruiting, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Ensure job descriptions are up-to-date and compliant with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Develop training materials and performance management programs to help ensure employees understand their job responsibilities.
- Create a compensation strategy for all employees based on market research and pay surveys and keep the strategy up-to-date.
- Investigate employee issues and conflicts and brings them to resolution.
- Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
Qualifications of the Human Resources Generalist:
- Must be bilingual in Spanish.
- Experience in human resources or a related field.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in educating and coaching staff.
- Experience in conflict resolution, disciplinary processes and workplace investigations.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Ability to give presentations.
- Ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety laws.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Experience with and ability to manage a high volume of time-sensitive administrative tasks.
- Ability to anticipate the next steps and plan ahead.
- Ability to face challenges proactively and with a positive attitude.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.