JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 15, 2022
Our client is a well-established family owned food and beverage manufacturer based in NYC. They are currently seeking an Infrastructure IT Manager to join their team.
$140k – $150k plus bonus
This Infrastructure IT Manager will work part of a small team and report to the Senior Director of Technology where they will serve as the team lead for both the infrastructure and IT Service desk team. This Infrastructure IT Manager will be hands-on with the ongoing support and maintenance of their server, network, and cloud services throughout the company.
Responsibilities of the Infrastructure IT Manager:
- Lead and ensure that changes and upgrades to these systems are properly planned and executed following standard procedures.
- Develop and maintain policies and runbooks for the team, plan and deploy solutions to enhance IT services within the business.
- Work collaboratively with business teams to ensure the consistent availability of IT services.
- Monitor and manage both on-premises and cloud-based services and systems.
- Execute IT operations in compliance with ITIL processes.
- Lead and support and guide the ServiceDesk in resolving problems to minimize impact to business users.
- Manage basic administration of network devices, firewalls, and network utility systems.
- Monitor and support security applications and tools, including detection, response, mitigation, and reporting of cybersecurity threats.
- Manage the technology vendor relationships and service levels.
Qualifications of the Infrastructure IT Manager:
- 5 – 10 years of hands-on experience working as a Lead Systems/Network Engineer and experience overseeing and managing small teams.
- Deep operational knowledge of Windows servers, workstations, Active Directory / Exchange administration and configuration, and managing Office 365 hosted services.
- Experience in the design, implementation, and maintenance of Windows Server Active Directory, Azure AD, and MFA services.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange email services, anti-phishing, and DNS management.
- Experience of storage appliances, backups, disaster recovery, and Azure/AWS cloud environments.
- Experience with administration of VoIP services, WebEx calling, MS Teams, or similar services.
- Working knowledge of network devices and setups with VLANs, switches, firewalls, VPNs, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility