JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 7, 2022
Our client is a growing financial services and investment company based in NYC. They are seeking to hire a Java / SQL Developer to join their team.
$140k – $150k plus bonus
This Java / SQL Developer will be part of a team that supports and develops highly transactional financial applications. This person will be involved with designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining these business applications for the company.
Responsibilities of the Java / SQL Developer:
- Develop, enhance, and support microservices-based applications utilizing Java.
- Develop and enhance applications using Microsoft SQL Server databases including designing, creating and modifying tables, relationships, indexes, stored procedures, and triggers.
- Design and conduct unit testing, systems integration testing, and regression testing.
- Write technical and/or design documentation.
- Provide accurate estimates for the Application Development team’s requirements analysis, solutions design, development, and testing efforts.
- Adhere to the corporate SDLC policies.
- Assist the Software team monitoring and responding to support issues.
Qualifications of the Java / SQL Developer:
- 5+ years of experience in java software development.
- Strong SQL skills with experience in writing stored procedures & queries.
- Experience developing applications using microservices architecture.
- Experience with Kafka, Kubernetes, Camel, React, and Angular is a plus.
- Familiar with CI/CD tools and best practices. Strong Object-Oriented Design skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Full Benefits package including health, dental, and vision.
- 401K company matching.
- Generous PTO package.
- Yearly bonuses.