JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Glenbrook, CT
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 16, 2022
Our client is a very successful chemical and consumer goods company with an extensive network of global offices. The company prides itself in its capacity for innovation and is currently looking for a Lab Technician to join their ranks.
The Lab Technician will be responsible for creating product prototypes and conducting lab tests. Part of the responsibilities of the job will include performing data review and maintaining thorough documentation of the lab experiments. The Lab Technician will diligently inform team members and superiors about project status and make recommendations about next steps in development.
Responsibilities of the Lab Technician:
- Creates prototype products by developing and executing experimental designs and work plans that are in accordance with performance metrics.
- Performs data review to provide preliminary interpretations and draw conclusions from the data. Recommends strategies for the next steps in development.
- Keeps detailed notes on the experiments performed.
- Organizes project tasks about laboratory experiments, consumer trials, and 3rd party testing.
- Conducts standard and non-standard physical, chemical, or application tests to gather data.
- Performs lab tests and uses data to complete competitive offering comparisons.
- Keeps inventories of supplies and raw materials.
- Follows federal, state, and local health, safety, and environmental regulations in accordance with corporate health, safety, and environmental policies.
Qualifications of the Lab Technician:
- Computer skills in the areas of word processing, databases, and spreadsheets are required.
- Experience with research experiments, lab procedures, and lab maintenance is strongly preferred.
- Formulating experience and advanced knowledge of detergents chemistry is a plus.
- Strong communications skills are necessary as the role involves interacting with various project teams, consumers, and third parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field.
- Associates degree accepted with industry experience.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.