JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Fairfield, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 14, 2022
Our client, a local chemical development company, is actively seeking a Laboratory Technician for their NJ Lab. Recent Graduates are welcome!
$20/hr – $25/hr commensurate with experience
The Laboratory Technician will work directly under the Lead Chemist on a team of 3 – 5 individuals. Laboratory Technician responsibilities include formulation, testing, and development of product. Proficiency in HPLC and titration is required. Working knowledge of pH, chromatographic, spectroscopic, and other analytical techniques is required for the Laboratory Technician. This is a 6-12 month contract with potential for permanent placement.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician:
- Work under the direction of the R&D Lead Chemist in product formulation
- Carry out assigned duties including testing on both established and novel materials with the intent of generating fresh samples for larger batch production
- Daily weighing raw material, batch production, evaluation testing, detailed recordkeeping, effectively communicating progress with the team, and expanding batch production volume as necessary
- Record/monitor process conditions to ensure compliance with established SOPs
- Record observations and test results in a clear and organized manner
- Maintain calibrated clean equipment and supplies in the work station and laboratory as a whole
- Adhere to lab safety rules and guidelines
Qualifications of the Laboratory Technician:
- 0 – 3 years experience in a laboratory setting
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a 3 – 5-person team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry is required
- Work experience preferred.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility