JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Keyport , NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 16, 2022
Our client, a Global developer of raw materials and specialty ingredients is seeking a Laboratory Technician to join their team!
$22 – $24/hr Dependent on experience
The Laboratory Technician will work in the R&D lab to support product testing and evaluation. Successful Laboratory Technician candidate will support projects to identify and quantify volatile molecules in consumer products.
Responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician:
- Perform chemical handling for sample preparation and formulation, operation of equipment for mixing or sample processing (such as overhead stirrers, simulated handwash, or washing machine applications)
- Perform lab testing with GC and other instruments, data collection and data reporting
- Sample preparation may involve manual tasks such as carrying glassware, pipetting liquids, using crimping tools, handling syringes etc.
- Assist in approving sensory evaluations and other projects assigned
- Follow all lab safety guidelines and protocols
Qualifications for the Laboratory Technician:
- Experience in safely handling hazardous chemicals and stench chemicals
- Experience in maintaining a clean, organized and odor-free lab environment
- Experience with GC strongly preferred
- Experience in data processing, especially statistical analysis and data visualization, is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biology, or related disciplines is required
- Client provided benefits, upon eligibility