JOB FUNCTION: Scientific
JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Iselin, NJ
$16/hr - $20/hr
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Jan 2, 2018
Our client, a chemical manufacturing company, is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician.
Salary/Hourly Rate: $16 – $20/hr
Position Overview: The Laboratory Technician in the wet chemistry laboratory is responsible for the on-time execution of analytical requests in the area of precious metals analysis, providing direct analytical support. Expected to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, analytical chemistry laboratory. The incumbent must work well both independently and as a team member, assisting in other areas if necessary. They must have excellent laboratory skills, including detailed record keeping and knowledge of safe handling of chemicals and equipment. Background in elemental analysis or analytical chemistry is preferred.
- Perform wet chemistry experiments to determine elemental components of catalyst samples
- Record all results in LIMS/ALMS database and create spreadsheets
- Maintain safe working environment and safe, prudent practices in the laboratory
- 1 to 3 years laboratory experience in an industry or university lab
- Analytical chemistry experience is a plus
BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related field
Benefits: Eligible for Atrium Care Package