JOB FUNCTION: Legal
JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
$60k - $70k
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Feb 14, 2020
Our client is a small medical malpractice law firm located in downtown Boston. This law firm has won some of the largest verdicts in state history and provides a great environment for aspiring lawyers. This firm does away with the traditional stuffy culture and instead provides a friendly, team-oriented atmosphere for all of its employees. They are looking for a Litigation Assistant to join their firm.
The Litigation Assistant will support one of the top producing trial lawyers at the firm. They will be responsible for scheduling meetings, communicating with clients, drafting/filing legal documents and more. The ideal candidate will have prior experience supporting trial lawyers and be able to jump in to the role and hit the ground running.
Responsibilities of the Litigation Assistant:
- High level calendar management and meeting planning
- Written and verbal communication with clients
- Drafting/filing legal documents
- Tracking project timelines and court dates
- Accompany the lawyers to court when necessary
- Conduct supplementary research pertaining to active cases
Qualifications for the Litigation Assistant:
- 3-5 years of experience as a litigation assistant
- Experience supporting trial attorneys is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- The Litigation Assistant should have a bachelor’s degree. Paralegal certification is preferred but not required
The Litigation Assistant is eligible for a competitive benefits package in addition to company perks such as Summer Fridays, team outings, etc.