JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York City , NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jul 27, 2022
Our client is a manufacturer of performance upholstery materials. there products include PVC, Polyurethane, and Silicone faux leathers as well as woven textiles for contract, hospitality, healthcare and residential interiors. They’re widely recognized as the leader in design and innovation, always being at the forefront of new performance technologies and surface finishing techniques. They are seeking a Logistics Coordinator to support their growing business.
$55,000 – $60,000 annually.
The Logistics Coordinator would be responsible for all incoming shipments, all import documentation, and updating our client’s system as changes to production dates and shipping ETA’s occur. Our client’s system spans from their internal ERP, through Customer Service all the way down to a robust Customer Portal. This person must be very detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position, reporting directly to the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator:
- Analyze Vendor reports and identify ETA changes.
- Make those changes in our system, and on in-transit
- Work with various Freight Forwarders and Brokers,
- Approve all shipment overseas bookings, and verify
- Organize in-transit shipments with multiple 3PL
Qualifications of the Logistics Coordinator:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in operations supply chain/foreign logistics.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Team player with effective and positive personal interaction skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and proactive.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or related field is a plus, but not required.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package.
- Health benefits, including Dental and Life insurance
- A pleasant and challenging work environment.
- Convenient Manhattan office location within walking
distance from Penn Station, Port Authority, and Grand Central.
- The option of a hybrid in-office/remote work schedule.