JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 22, 2022
Our client is a packaging manufacturing company founded in the mid-1970s, providing both direct & in-direct manufacturing to clients across the globe. They are looking to add a Logistics Coordinator to their team.
$50k – $60k
Our client is seeing a Logistics Coordinator to manage the flow of raw materials and finished goods into the United States. The ideal candidate will have importing experience for SE Asia.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator:
- Coordinate the importation of shipments from suppliers to multiple warehouses via various transportation modes (truck, ocean, and air)
- Provide ongoing analyses in areas such as transportation costs, warehouse efficiency, or service level.
- Cultivate relationships with suppliers, freight forwarders, and brokers to ensure timely and compliant shipments
- Track and monitor all incoming international and domestic shipments
- Compile and review all customs documentation before submittal, ensuring compliance
- Create and process shipping updates within SAP
- Support the Director of Logistics with the cost budget and cost reforecasting process
- Support the team in the management of 3PL partner and other Logistics Vendors
- Work cross-functionally with teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues as they arise
- Analyze data and propose plans for the improvement of distribution activities and processes
Qualifications of the Logistics Coordinator:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills, a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or a relevant field