JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Iselin, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Nov 22, 2022
Our client has earned a reputation for delivering world-class goods to customers around the globe. They are looking for a Logistics Coordinator to join their team and explore how a genuine passion for great products and the latest innovations, along with investments in the best people and facilities, continue to honor their founder’s legacy.
$55k – $60k
The Logistics Coordinator prepares, routes, and manages the company’s purchase orders. Their main duties include being responsible for all incoming shipments, all import documentation, and updating the system as changes to production dates and shipping ETAs occur.
Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator:
- Coordinate and organize shipments from the main office to maintain the correct level of stock and maintain a good flow of product.
- Keep the correct flow of documents with the supplier (main office), broker, and warehouse for each importation.
- Perform data entry for inventory, shipping, and receiving.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain Planner in the US and the Supply Chain Coordinators to maintain an adequate level of stock.
- Review freight costs, transportation rates, and the price margins of products to keep costs down where possible.
- Help manage (3) 3PL warehouses by checking their invoices against the contracts and reducing damages.
- Perform month-end reconciliation of inventory and general ledger accounts.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports relating to inventory status and balances.
- Prepare and organize shipments of product samples to customers.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned by the management.
Qualifications of the Logistics Coordinator:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in operations supply chain/international logistics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to interact with computers using computers and computer systems to enter orders, track orders, etc.
- Ability to get information including observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources. Making note of this information committing to memory.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Experience with documenting/recording information including maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Understanding of all shipping and returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, or a related field is a plus, but not required.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility.