JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: New York, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Sep 16, 2022
Our client is an industry leader in design, marketing, and distribution of fashion, accessories, and home furnishings. They are seeking a Managing Director to oversee their Merchandising, Sales, and Marketing teams to grow the Brand.
$175k – $185k
The Managing Director will have full oversight over the Merchandising, Design, Product Development, Sales, Marketing, and E-Commerce teams. As the Managing Director, you will chart the brand’s strategic direction and oversee its successful implementation. The Managing Director, will work with just about everyone involved in the business, including their in-house teams, external customers, and external vendor partners.
Responsibilities of the Managing Director:
- Building annual and multi-year strategic plans.
- Driving merchandising and line planning.
- Building high-level strategic sales relationships.
- Overseeing adherence to a product development timeline.
- Overseeing adherence to a sales plan.
- Overseeing marketing strategy.
- International and domestic travel as needed.
- Managing a team of 8 plus.
Qualifications of the Managing Director:
- You must be very organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with a team.
- Strong communication skills and leadership skills.
- 15+ years of experience in wholesale, retail and/or private label sales.
- Excellent merchandising skills and instincts.
- Must demonstrate both analytical and creative abilities and have an energetic spirit with a love of accessories.
- Excellent Excel skills and comfort learning new software.
- Excellent understanding of retail math or sufficient mathematical/analytical background in other areas.
- Experience with CRM software/systems is preferred.
- Strong strategic instincts and business acumen.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Upon request.