MEDIA & PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
JOB FUNCTION: Administrative Support
JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: New York, NY
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree
POSTED: Oct 13, 2021
The Media & Public Relations department crafts and executes the organization’s media and public relations strategies and manages all PR initiatives on behalf of our client. The Media & Public Relations team works to gain visibility and appreciation for the clients brand image, races and events, youth and community programs, and training resources, all with the aim of helping and inspiring people through running.
As the Media & Public Relations Coordinator you will be reporting to the Senior Manager of Media and Public Relations. The Media & Public Relations Coordinator will temporarily join the department for the three months from mid-August through mid-November. In this role, working approximately 20 hours/week, you will be responsible for coordinating media credentials for the an upcoming New York City Marathon, liaising directly with media across city, country and globe. Additionally, you will assist with departmental administrative duties during the marathon season.
Responsibilities of the Media & Public Relations Coordinator:
- Serve as main point of contact for media credentials from the application process through to credential distribution, to ensure all media on-site for the event are accommodated properly
- Assist in updating media contact lists, monitoring and organizing weekly press clippings and providing content updates to clients online media center
- Serve as administrative contact for the media team and assisting with press operations for the client
Qualifications for the Media & Public Relations Coordinator:
- Experience in media relations or coordinating media credentials for a major event
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, think clearly under pressure, and exercise good judgment
- Ability to respond to media during weeks and evening hours as applicable
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in PR, communications, journalism or related field preferred
- Atrium Care package available, upon eligibility
As a woman owned firm, we value diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.