JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Remote
POSTED: Nov 10, 2022
Our client is an orthopedic and pain management clinic that helps patients return to their normal activities as quickly as possible. They utilize cutting-edge advancements in orthopedics, sports medicine, and pain management to provide patients with the highest level of care possible. They are seeking to add a Medical Coder to their team.
$50k – $63k
The Medical Coder is responsible for entering and coding patient services into eCW system and generating invoices to be sent to the patient. The Medical Coder sorts and files paperwork, handles insurance claims and serves as a coding subject matter expert to the Billing department.
Responsibilities of the Medical Coder:
- Reviews all claims to ensure that correct coverage information including ID number and authorizations are captured in the EMR system.
- Assists with accounts for coding and abstracting of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications.
- Logs in daily to the phone system and assists with customer inquiries.
- Researches and analyzes data needs for reimbursement.
- Analyzes medical records and identifies documentation deficiencies.
- Serves as the resource and subject matter expert to other coding staff.
- Reviews and verifies documentation supporting diagnoses, procedures, and treatment results.
- Identifies diagnostic and procedural information.
- Audits clinical documentation and coded data to validate documentation supports services rendered for reimbursement and reporting purposes.
- Assigns codes for reimbursements, research, and compliance with regulatory requirements utilizing guidelines.
- Follows coding conventions.
- Serves as the coding consultant to care providers.
- Identifies discrepancies, potential quality of care, and billing issues.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plans of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors.
- Identifies reportable elements, complications, and other procedures.
Qualifications of the Medical Coder:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an orthopedic medical billing and coding office setting.
- CPC certification is required.
- Knowledge of Medicare and commercial billing.
- Knowledge of all aspects of healthcare insurance billing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Must possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to gather data and compile information.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Positive work environment offering healthcare benefits.
- Paid time off.
- Work/life balance.