JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Conyers, GA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 6, 2022
Our client is an industry leader in food and beverage and serves many high profile/volume clients. They are currently seeking a Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic to join their team. Embarking on a career fulfilling opportunity with our client will afford you the chance to work alongside some of the most passionate people and make a lasting impact. Every day, there are opportunities to collaborate with the best in the industry to design, build, and deliver impactful solutions to world-class customers. Along with way, you will gain hands-on experience in a face-paced environment that’s challenging, rewarding, and career-defining.
$48k – $65k
The Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic conducts the day-to-day scheduled and project maintenance of equipment for production activities in accordance with food processing operations to meet company and regulatory guidance. Our client’s process, form beginning to end, requires our Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, and foster a culture that drives consistent compliance with all established regulations for food and process safety. The Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic will strive to comply with and exceed established key performance indicators (KPIs). The ideal Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic will identify areas of opportunity that drive tangible and actionable process improvements. Through department cross-functional communication and practice the Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic will ensure food safety and quality are universally understood and exercised through quality leadership. The schedule for the 2nd Shift onsite is from 2:00 PM – 10:30PM. The 3rd Shift onsite is from 10:00 PM – 6:30 AM.
Responsibilities of the Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic:
- Maintain mechanical and electrical industrial food manufacturing equipment.
- Adhere to safety, food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Perform all work in accordance with environmental, health and safety standards, rules, regulations and practices of the facility.
- Install, maintain, and support all production-related equipment utilized in processing areas.
- Use a variety of test equipment, machines, hand tools and computer-aided equipment.
- Respond to equipment breakdowns and production needs in an expeditious professional manner.
- Effectively troubleshoot and diagnose equipment failures or breakdowns.
- Perform maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedules, utilizing appropriate blueprints, diagrams, sketches, national codes and verbal/written instructions.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop and work area.
- Assist other mechanics when performing heavy jobs.
- Repair and maintain high-speed packaging equipment, dismantling and assembling multiple brands of mechanical and electrical equipment, repair and replacement of defective parts, and knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
- Possess a general understanding and compliance with all OSHA regulations, national electrical codes, state mechanical codes and other plant/facility operational or safety procedures.
- Comply with and execute the established preventive maintenance and work order/repair program in place.
- Document completed work as required by the supervisor.
- Comply with all other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Multi – Craft Maintenance Mechanic:
- Must be able to pass training/certifications as required for qualification.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and willing to move to any shift.
- Must possess previous experience and/or technical training in PLC, electrical controls and motor circuits, Mechanical and machinist, Hydraulic/pneumatic systems, Refrigeration, or Cutting torches, TIG, and stick welding.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, memos, blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to document to effectively present information for needed records of parts or repairs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one small group situations to customers, clients, and other team members of the organization.
- Ability to use effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use mathematical functions including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in order to perform machine checks and setup, electrical calculations and read test equipment/measuring instruments.
- Ability to perform operations using units of weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to lift, carry and push equipment, reach, bend, and twist/turn in awkward positions, kneel, and crawl.
- Ability to visually differentiate items of color, up close and in the distance.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment and/or clothing.
- Stand/walk for 7 or more hours per day.
- Continuously talk/hear throughout the day.
- Frequently use hand/eye coordination and eye/hand/foot coordination as well as handle/finger.
- Frequently lift and carry up to 25 pounds from floor height to overhead and carry more than 100 feet.
- Occasionally use fine motor tasks and taste/smell.
- Occasionally lift from 50 pounds and up to over 100 pounds.
- Push tool carts or seal bar carts requiring 25 pounds up to 50 pounds of force.
- Specific vision abilities including close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Must be able to work in shop and production environments.
- Constantly work in damp, wet, humid, and slippery environments.
- Constantly work near moving equipment.
- Constantly work in high noise levels requiring hearing protection.
- Frequently work in area with fumes or airborne debris.
- Frequently work with toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Frequently work in extreme heat/cold.
- Occasionally work in high places.
- Occasionally work with hand tools causing segmental or whole-body vibration.
- Ability to use specified machines, tools, equipment, and software.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility.