JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jan 18, 2023
Our client is an industry leading real estate and asset management company based in Boston, MA. They are seeking to hire a Network Engineer to join their team.
This Network Engineer will work part of a team that is responsible for the all systems, network infrastructure components, voice services, and device endpoints for both corporate enterprise and management platforms.
Responsibilities of the Network Engineer:
- Provide network engineering support and assist with the delivery of critical corporate and new development projects.
- Perform daily monitoring and correlation of platform logs and events.
- Investigate faults, troubleshoot and respond to day-to-day incidents involving network infrastructure and dependent technologies.
- Provision and maintain telecom circuits, interfacing with cabling contractors and coordinating deliverables with service providers and maintain quality of service for both MPLS and broadband connectivity across all locations.
- Provide support for dependent application and datacenter infrastructure integration technologies.
- Install, configure, and support network equipment including enclosures, UPSs, routers, proxy servers, switches, access points, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP.
- Participate in meetings with critical stakeholders, construction managers, serving as subject matter expert for a variety of new construction, acquisition and renovation-related projects.
- Participate in the design and implementation of new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Assist with procurement of network equipment and manage subcontractors involved with network installation.
- Configure firewalls, routing, and switching to maximize efficiency and security.
Qualifications for the Network Engineer:
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience supporting datacenter & network infrastructure, including experience with the day-to-day support of complex, enterprise-class, and geographically distributed networks.
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of Cisco CLI and/or Meraki.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto security gateways and suite of solutions.
- CCNP or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with RADIIUS, VPN platforms, and SDWAN technologies.
- Working knowledge of traditional telecommunications (MPLS, PRI, broadband), cellular, and SDWAN technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a technology focused concentration is strongly preferred.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility.