JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Princeton, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 21, 2022
Our client, a leader in its industry, is seeking a seasoned Office Assistant to join their team!
The Office Assistant will provide general administrative support to the office and Office Manager and be responsible for overall office activities, including equipment, facilities, supplies, reception, conference room, mail, and purchasing. The Office Assistant will also provide support with customer service-related activities. The Office Assistant can work flexible part-time hours or full-time depending on your preference.
Responsibilities of the Office Assistant:
- Support and coordinate administrative activity.
- Responsible for timely maintenance of office areas, equipment, company property, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Purchase office supplies and equipment.
- Coordinate effective telephone and mail communication both internally and externally.
- Arrange product samples and shipments as needed.
- Collect invoices and reconcile monthly payment charges.
- Perform online market and customer research.
- Work closely with the Credit department to check customer credit worthiness.
- Provide administrative support to company management.
- Update spreadsheets on a weekly basis and compile and prepare various reports for management.
- Participate as needed in special projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Office Assistant:
- Good planning, organizational, record keeping, and filing skills.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Understand the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Ability to prioritize tasks/responsibilities and complete duties within allotted time.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to work effectively across regional and international cultures.
- Working knowledge of mail processes including Federal Express and UPS.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook for Windows.
- Familiarity with QuickBooks is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility