JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Pearl River, NY
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 23, 2022
Our client is a successful consumer goods manufacturer that is currently looking for a diligent Overnight Analytical Chemist to join its ranks.
$52k – $56k
The Overnight Analytical Chemist will work analyzing raw materials and finished goods. They will use wet analysis techniques and perform packaging components testing. The Overnight Analytical Chemist will use a variety of instruments such as FT IR, NIR, and titrators to perform their daily responsibilities.
Responsibilities of the Overnight Analytical Chemist:
- Conducts sampling, physical, chemical tests, and assays on raw materials, active pharmaceutical ingredients, and in-process and finished goods.
- Completes stability testing.
- Utilizes analytical instruments to perform daily functions, instruments such as HPLC, GC, Dissolution, Malvern, IR, Auto Titrator, UV Spectrophotometer, Dissolution, Karl Fisher (KF), Potentiometer, etc.
- Responsible for the maintenance and calibration of instruments/equipment.
- Maintains proper documentation of analyses and procedures performed in the lab.
- Adheres to cGMP requirements, internal procedures, and compendia standards.
- Responsible for safe disposal of chemical waste and strict compliance with regulations/policies.
- Writes and reviews SOPs, test procedures, and protocols.
- Informs the manager promptly of any potential mishaps or nonconforming data.
- Responsible for creating an efficient work schedule that ensures tasks are completed on time.
Qualifications of the Overnight Analytical Chemist:
- Six months of experience in a GMP Chemistry lab is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and LIMS will be taken into consideration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field.
- Open to candidates without a Bachelor’s degree if they have sufficient industry experience.
- Client-provided benefits available, upon eligibility