JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Allendale, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jul 21, 2022
Our client is an international manufacturer of handcrafted and precision photographic and sport optics equipment. They are currently seeking to hire a Parts Coordinator to join their team.
The Parts Coordinator will be responsible for the processing of parts and order inquiries from stores, dealers, and end-users. They will also be responsible for the calculation of prices for spare parts, compilation of statistics, and technical assistance for all customers and Customer Care Advisors.
Responsibilities of the Parts Coordinator:
- Compile statistics including the parts warranty report.
- Process customer inquiries (independently).
- Process emails and phone calls from customers regarding spare parts orders, products, technical inquiries, operating questions, and special information (about the entire product portfolio).
- Processing of spare parts orders (independently). All inquiries must be responded to in a timely manner.
- Create and change customer orders according to customer requirements, discuss payment terms, request tax identification numbers, and clarify ambiguities in correspondence.
- Monitor incoming payments for prepayment and credit card payments.
- Create credit notes, exchange orders, returns orders, coordinate with workshop, dispatch, as well as disposition and returns office, and provide professional customer support and deadline tracking.
- Become familiar with past and present product lines (photo and sport optics).
- Be proactive in learning about all future products.
- Advice on the sale of spare parts based on technical catalogs and drawings.
- Maintain parts inventory.
- Create purchase orders for the acquisition of parts.
- Receive parts shipments into stock.
- Distribute incoming parts to repair orders and backorders as needed.
- Monitor the use of parts by technicians and identify those not immediately available for repairs.
- Perform master data maintenance.
- Update the spare parts price list.
- Provide backup to the Technical Manager.
Qualifications of the Parts Coordinator:
- Prior parts management experience is required.
- Experience in the camera / sport optics industry is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills are preferred.
- High school diploma is required.
- 401k with match.
- 13 holidays.