JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Newark, DE
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 22, 2022
Our client is a well-established and R&D-oriented company that values diversity hiring, employee training, and a collaborative team culture. They are currently looking to add a Pilot Plant Technician to their team. Adherence to safety is key in this team. All team members will be respirator fitted and thoroughly trained on safety rules and process protocols.
$20/hr – $25/hr Based on candidate experience
The Pilot Plant Technician will be responsible for breaking down and assembling lab equipment used by the engineers for experimental test runs. He or she will operate the equipment used to run batches of chemicals for engineering tests. The Pilot Plant Technician will need to work independently as well as with a team. The role is Monday to Friday, daytime hours only. There will be a drug & background screening as well as a respirator fit test required to start.
Responsibilities of the Pilot Plant Technician:
- Work in a safety focused experimental lab assisting in the operation of the pilot plant working directly with engineers in a small group setting.
- Follow strict regulations handling, labeling, and storing chemicals that are used in the batch runs.
- Assemble and disassemble lab equipment carefully, often following pre cleared process steps but sometimes using general knowledge and experience.
- Perform basic troubleshooting, general repair, set up or maintenance of equipment and materials in this environment.
- Carefully observe and record data readings in paper and electronic lab notebooks and regularly utilize Microsoft Office for data management and information sharing.
- Move reasonably sized drums of chemicals and packages of raw materials by hand or using a hand pallet jack (no forklift operation).
- Look for and record inconsistencies or unusual results from batch runs and discuss feedback with engineers.
- Utilize the collected data and confirmed results to draw conclusions supporting project initiatives.
- Adhere to company SOPs to operate machines and execute daily responsibilities.
- Work professionally with others including colleagues, engineers, and managers in person or via email or phone correspondence.
Qualifications of the Pilot Plant Technician:
- Have experience in a similar position, including Chemical Processor, Chemical Operator, Material Handler, Kilo Technician or Chemical Compounder.
- 2 – 5 years of experience is ideal but not required.
- Experience in a lab or experimental setting and mechanical aptitude is highly desired.
- Experience following GMP or related regulations or working with hazardous materials is a plus.
- Comfort wearing a full face respirator on occasion and be willing to have a clean shaven face 1 – 2 times per week (scheduled in advance).
- Professional and polite communication skills.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Ability to change course regularly to work on different projects or with different partners.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Associate’s degree in a related scientific or technical field is a plus.
- Technical certification in a related field is a plus (e.g. Mechanics, Laboratory Technician, etc.).
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.