JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Kearny, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jan 19, 2023
Our client is an innovative startup working in both the food and biotech spaces. They look for employees that are passionate, motivated by a team setting, and enjoy problem-solving in a unique field of study. The company is moving into a brand new space in the coming months and has been growing this year as it looks toward an exciting period of development. They are looking to add a Process Engineer to their team. The company is proud of their values including respect for one another, transparency in research and openness to help out fellow team members.
Dependent on experience
The Process Engineer will be responsible for working with stainless steel bioreactors, scaling up cell cultures, and executing validation protocols. The Process Engineer will need to really enjoy working hands-on and troubleshooting scenarios as they arise. The Process Engineer will identify new methods of operation and technology as they are suited to the project.
Responsibilities of the Process Engineer:
- Work with steam-in-place, clean-in-place, harvesting, and filtration techniques within stainless steel bioreactors and tanks
- Scale up adherent and suspension mammalian cell cultures
- Troubleshoot processes, instrumentation, and control systems
- Carefully look and an interpret data
- Work hands-on with perfusion technologies
- Communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Qualifications for the Process Engineer:
- At least 2 years of industry experience in upstream process development, process automation, and cGMP process design, although more experience is preferred
- Experience working with stainless steel bioreactors or tanks with steam-in-place (SIP), clean-in-place (CIP), harvesting, and filtration technologies
- Experience leading and executing validation protocols
- Strong bioprocessing knowledge for novel bioreactors and fermentation systems
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Bioengineering plus related industry experience. For a PhD, industry experience can be exchanged for Post-Doc experience.
- Stock options
- Healthcare, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- 401K available