JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Orlando, FL
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Sep 13, 2022
Our client is one of the top building and construction companies in the commercial real estate industry. They have multiple locations throughout the US and Canada. They specialize in the industrial, civil and special projects markets. They are currently seeking a Project Accountant to join their team.
$60k – $75k
The Project Accountant will join a team of Project Accountants to support a variety of multi-million dollar projects in the Orlando region with job costing, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
Responsibilities of the Project Accountant:
- Performing general accounting and administrative functions to meet contractual requirements for operational and basic accounting.
- Completing all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Participating in monthly forecast review meetings.
- Providing project teams with ad-hoc reports and analysis as the need arises.
- Assembling client billings packages in accordance with contract terms and conditions and ensuring timely payment.
- Preparing bank deposits, monthly reconciliations, and cash receipt entries.
- Ensuring that all required documentation, including insurance, bonding, SDI, workers compensation, statutory declarations, and lien waivers are in place.
Qualifications of the Project Accountant:
- 2 years of accounting experience in construction or a related industry is preferred.
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting and project forecasting and budgeting.
- Knowledge of government legislation and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Intermediate understanding of lien rights.
- Basic understanding of subcontract PO terms.
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and experience with accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Unlimited sick time.
- 401k with match.