JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Boston, MA
REMOTE / ONSITE: Hybrid
POSTED: Jan 6, 2023
Our client is looking to add a Property Accounting Manager to their team. Join this diverse commercial real estate team that is dedicated to helping you pursue your personal career goals. Located in Back Bay, our client is dedicated not only to the wellness of the employees, but also their plant and has been ranked “Most Responsible Company.”
$114k – $130k + Bonus
The Property Accounting Manager will review, manage, audit, and analyze all financial matters related to the portfolio. They will provide support to the VP, Regional Controller, and Senior Manager as it relates to the training and technical development of the Senior Accountants and Accountants.
Responsibilities of the Property Accounting Manager:
- Coordinate initial and ongoing training to Senior Accountants and Accountants based on the company’s processes, policies, and procedures.
- Review and approve quarterly audit binders and assist the VP, Regional Controller/Senior Manager in the close the books process.
- Review financial statements as required for lender, joint venture partners, and third parties in accordance with requirements contained in agreements.
- Review tenant operating and real estate tax escalations (escrows and true ups).
- Analyze and interpret tenant leases and assist in the implementation and analysis of complex transactions for the region (acquisitions, dispositions, complex leases, debt transactions, etc.).
- Ensure tenants are billed all rental and additional charges per their lease.
- Participate in the initial review and presentation of quarterly revenue, NOI, and depreciation variance analysis to executive and senior management.
- Perform regional straight-line rent responsibilities such as regenerations, reconciliations to the control file and coordinate with lease administration in accordance with revenue recognition policies.
- Assist the VP, Regional Controller/Senior Manager in the preparation of materials and presentation of the annual business plan meeting and quarterly reforecast meetings.
- Responsible for the review and posting of journal entries.
- Responsible for the review of all monthly fixed assets, recurring billings, and lease log.
- Responsible for managing departmental and regional timelines.
- Responsible for understanding and ensuring all accounting complies with all legal documents related to assigned properties (e.g. management agreements, development agreements, joint venture agreements, mortgage documents, etc.).
- Provide support to the Finance & Capital Markets team as it relates to all acquisitions, dispositions and recapitalizations.
- Assist in the transition of all acquisition, dispositions, and new developments.
- Work jointly with Lease Administration, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Tax, Finance, Financial Reporting and senior management in various corporate & regional departments.
- Liaise with external audit teams (REIT reporting, “Stand-Alone” GAAP and IFRS financial statements and notes, income and expense audits and operating expense audits).
- Review capital calls, construction loan draws, and all reporting related to the company’s development projects.
- Review reporting related to the corporate accounting responsibilities of the Senior Accountants and Accountants.
- Collaborate with peers at Manager level to discuss process improvements and best practices Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for the Property Accounting Manager:
- A minimum of five years of accounting experience is required. Previous accounting experience in commercial real estate settings or related industries is preferred.
- Exemplifies proven leadership skills by showing initiative, serving as a role model, demonstrating accountability, and a shared sense of commitment to the organization.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Proven organizational skills with ability to set priorities, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-starter capable of finding solutions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, tenants, or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting is required
- Master’s degree and/or CPA is desired.
- Health, dental, and vision
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Health & dental care reimbursement accounts
- 401K with match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Vacation, Sick pay, paid holidays and personal days, and volunteer day
- Bereavement leave and leaves of absence
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Commuter benefit program
- Scholarship program
- Flexible work arrangements.