JOB TYPE: Temp to Hire
LOCATION: Little Falls, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Aug 1, 2022
Our client is a large medical group servicing NJ/ NY area. They are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team.
$45/hr – $55/hr ($90k – $100k Annually) DOE
The Purchasing Manager will oversee the procurement and distribution of the organization’s supplies, equipment, and services. The Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, maintaining positive relationships with suppliers, coordinating with internal teams regarding their supply needs, and overseeing the purchasing buyers in their daily activities.
Responsibilities of the Purchasing Manager:
- Responsible for a team of 5 purchasing agents.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff.
- Direct the daily workflow and schedules of the department, coordinating staff involved in purchasing, selling, and distributing supplies, machinery, materials, or equipment.
- Actively manage daily corporate purchasing operations within budget for the multi-site locations of a major clinical diagnostics laboratory.
- Monitor, guide and assist direct reports to ensure corporate compliance in a production-based environment.
- Evaluate bids, ensuring compliance with departmental and company policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and monitor contracts to ensure that vendor performance complies with the executed terms and conditions.
- Maintain and review records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and reporting of monthly metrics.
- Maintain compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement.
- Lead and coach buyers in maintaining excellence in quality control, safety, and SOX compliance.
- Develop and continuously improve supplier programs.
- Maintain corporate confidentiality at all times.
- Implement metrics to evaluate vendor performance.
- Completes other related duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications of the Purchasing Manager:
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a related field.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Thorough understanding of purchasing procedures and policies.
- Proven leadership skills in building teams with a history of success.
- Strong analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strategic thinker with confidence and speed in execution.
- Strong customer orientation is required.
- Ability to read, interpret, and explain policies and procedures used in purchasing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- APEX or CPIM certification is preferred.
- Experience in ERP systems in a materials management environment is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly required.
- Comparable years’ experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.