JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Madison, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Jun 21, 2022
Our client provides a professional, innovative work setting and they are currently seeking a QC Chemist to join their team.
$18/hr – $25/hr DOE
Our client is looking for a QC Chemist for a contract to hire opportunity. The right person will be responsible for quality control chemical, documentation and microbiological testing of product and raw materials/packaging components as well operation/maintenance of analytical instrumentation in accordance with cGMP/FDA regulations. The QC Chemist must have hands-on experience in Quality Control (QC) or raw materials testing. QC Chemist will have a friendly demeanor, professional work ethic, and be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities of the QC Chemist:
- Responsible for product or raw materials testing and environmental monitoring QC testing and reporting and analyzing the results.
- Prepping, running, and analyzing samples and ensuring the regular QC testing is conducted appropriately using HPLC, TLC, UV, IR. etc.
- Escalating in case of non-conformances and deviations and manage these quality incidents.
- Following safety standards and regulations (GMP, GLP, OSHA, and Product specifications).
- Responsible for the oversight on manufacturing for QC sampling activities.
- Manufacturing/testing compliance/adherent to all GDP/GMP principles.
- Keeping a very detailed and industry regulated lab notebook and inputting data.
- Assisting in completing and submitting lab documentation including deviation investigations, CAPAs, OOS/OOT investigations, change controls, and implementation.
- Responsible for successful on-time completion of required training curriculum comprising of the necessary Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and aseptic techniques, gowning qualifications, testing and specifications, and other relevant training including HSE for the specific role.
- Preparing applicable documents, forms, and records such as analytical batch records and following good documentation practices.
Qualifications of the QC Chemist:
- 1 – 5 years+ of industry experience in a highly regulated GMP environment working with quality control testing of drug product by HPLC, TLC, UV, IR, etc.
- Flexibility in schedule is a must (open to 1st or 2nd shift and occasional weekend work).
- A positive energy and enthusiasm for lab work.
- An eye for detail and passion for science.
- The ability to supervise others and communicate clearly.
- The ability to lift samples and stock lab materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering or related field is required.
- Associate’s or technical degree with additional work experience also acceptable.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility.