JOB TYPE: Direct Hire
LOCATION: Fairfield, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Aug 3, 2022
Our client is a global consumer goods developer and manufacturer. They are currently seeking a QC Lab Supervisor to join their team. This location is a relatively small location with a production site and quality lab.
$80k – $90k DOE
The QC Lab Supervisor will be directly responsible of a team of five people working in a small GMP laboratory. For this position, the QC Lab Supervisor will create and lead the quality control programs. The ideal candidate for this position will oversee the QC laboratories and ensure accurate reports from the laboratory.
Responsibilities of the QC Lab Supervisor:
- Oversee five lab personnel on an individual level and as a group as they execute chemical, physical, and sensory evaluations of raw materials in a GMP environment.
- Train lab personnel as needed.
- Perform installation, calibration, and troubleshooting of lab equipment.
- Identify potential problems and make recommendations to improve QC lab operations.
- Work in the lab performing testing of raw materials utilizing analytical lab instruments such as GC, Karl Fischer Titrator, Refractometer, Densitometer, and Sieve testing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the QC Lab Supervisor:
- Five years of experience working in an analytical QC laboratory or doing sensory evaluation in a GMP environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of product safety principles and global regulations.
- Experience managing direct reports or acting in a supervisor capacity is required.
- Proficiency with analytical instrumentation is required, in particular, experience with GC.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field.
- Client provided benefits, upon eligibility