JOB TYPE: Temp
LOCATION: Montville Township, NJ
REMOTE / ONSITE: Onsite
POSTED: Nov 16, 2022
Our client is a very successful chemical and consumer goods company with an extensive network of global offices. The company prides itself in its capacity for innovation and is currently looking for a QC Lab Technician to join its ranks.
$20/hr – $25/hr
The QC Lab Technician will work performing quality control tests in the laboratory. The QC Lab Technician should be detail-oriented and reliable. The shift schedule is from 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm.
Responsibilities of the QC Lab Technician (2nd shift):
- Performs testing on materials and finished products to ensure they conform with company standards.
- Measures pH, does titrations, and sensory testing, among other similar lab duties.
- Uses instrumentation for testing such as GC and FTIR.
- Keeps detailed notes on the experiments performs.
- Inputs laboratory data into the computer system.
- Conducts standard and non-standard physical, chemical, or application tests to gather data.
- Keeps inventories of supplies and raw materials.
- Follows federal, state, and local health, safety, and environmental regulations in accordance with corporate health, safety, and environmental policies.
Qualifications of the QC Lab Technician (2nd shift):
- Previous experience working in a laboratory.
- Comfortable working with chemicals while following protocol.
- Ability to stand for most of the day while working on experiments.
- Excellent organizational skills and documentation practices.
- Capable of using Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to follow safe laboratory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related field. Associate’s degree will be accepted with sufficient laboratory experience.
- Atrium Care Package available, upon eligibility